Some Nigerians who are currently in Wuhan, the Chinese city where coronavirus broke out two weeks ago, are appealing to the federal government to evacuate them.
TheCable reports that as at Monday morning, the virus had killed 362 people in China. Many countries have been evacuating their citizens as a result of the health crisis.
But last week, Lai Mohammed, minister of information, said 16 Nigerians who are in Wuhan have not indicated interest to return home.
“I know we have Nigerians in Wuhan; our Embassy in China has confirmed that we have about 16 Nigerians in Wuhan and they are in touch with them. They have, however, not indicated their interest to come home. They will, however, contact our embassy if they like to come home,” he had said at a press conference in Abuja.
However, a Nigerian resident in Wuhan told TheCable that there are over 50 Nigerians who are in the city at the moment.
More to follow…